TENANT TERMS & CONDITIONS Please read the following carefully;
Referencing and Application Process
• To reserve a property and remove it from advertising a £250 inc VAT administration and referencing fee must be paid in cleared funds and in full.
• All applicants must be over 18 years old, in permanent employment and not in receipt of any housing benefit.
• The administration and referencing fee will cover up to two applicants for referencing; any additional applicants or if a guarantor is required an additional fee of £75 inc VAT will be charged per applicant/guarantor.
• All administration and referencing fee and any additional applicant or guarantor fees are non-transferable and non-refundable, if your application is unsatisfactory for any reason or if you withdraw from taking the property.
• The administration and referencing fee will only be refunded if the landlord decides not to proceed for any reason other than unsatisfactory references.
• All tenants and guarantor are required to fill out a tenant application form, along will a HomeLet referencing form, which can be done online. You are required to fill and return all forms within 5 working days. If all forms are not filled in within 5 working days we will remarket the property and your administration and referencing fee will not be refunded.
• We will contact you once your application is complete to confirm your move in date. Usually within 5-10 working days of receiving all completed forms.
• Unless otherwise stated the property is taken as seen. If you wish for anything to be done, this must be negotiated before paying the administration and referencing fee. We are unable to address these once you have moved in.
• We reserve the right to refuse any application without giving a reason.
• All tenancies agreed are subject to vacant possession, satisfactory referencing and subject to contact.
We will require a minimum of two forms of ID for each tenant/guarantor, the originals must be presented to a member of staff in our Welwyn Garden City branch, they will also need to take a copy and hold this on file.
You can use the following documents as proof of identity:
• Valid passport
• Valid UK/EU photo driving licence. (Driving licences that do not have a photo are not acceptable)
• National Identity Card
Proof of address:
• Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement dated within the last 3 months
• Utility Bill/Utility Statement from a supplier of utilities dated within the last 3 months
• Council tax bill dated within the last 3 months
• Benefits or pensions notification letter dated within the last 3 months
Proof of residency, (if not a UK Citizen)
• Valid passport
• Valid visa/work permit
If all required ID cannot be provided we will not be able to grant a tenancy.
If you are required to have a guarantor, it must be one person, who reside in the UK, must earn a minimum amount depending on the rental amount and prepared to sign a guarantor covenant agreement, they must be available to sign the agreement in our Welwyn Garden City office.
Deposit and Rent
• The deposit required will be 1.5 months’ rent (unless otherwise stated) and the first month’s rent is required to be paid in
advance of the tenancy commencement. This must be paid in cleared funds and in full.
• Rent is to be paid by standing order and is to be received by us on or by you rent due date. It is your responsibility to ensure this
set up and paid on time.
• If you have any pets, you must inform us of this before paying the administration and referencing fee. We will need to negotiate this with the landlord.
• If a pet has been agreed, in all cases a non-refundable fee of £150 inc VAT is payable at the beginning of the tenancy. This is to the cover cost for treatment of pests at the end of your tenancy, once you have vacated.
• Our Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreements are normally a fixed term and the clauses are non-negotiable.
• All tenants and guarantors must be available to sign all documents in our Welwyn Garden City branch, prior to the start of the tenancy.
Should you have reason to leave before your tenancy have ended, we can re-advertise the property to be available before the end of tenancy, however a fee of £250.00 inc VAT will be payable before we can re-market the property. You will be liable for the rent up until the day before the new tenant’s tenancy starts (subject to possession). Please note this will not guarantee you being release early from your tenancy.
Credit Card Payments
If you make any payments by Credit Card, a charge of 2% of the value of the transaction will be applied.
We recommend you take out insurance to cover personal items, you may also wish to consider insuring yourself against accidental damage to landlord’s property. We can pass your details to A-Plan who can advise you on insurance.
You as the tenant are responsible for the TV licence fee and any satellite or cable facilities for the duration of the tenancy. Please make sure you get permission to install any dishes, cables etc. If you are looking at installing satellite or cable we can pass your details to Virgin Media who can advise you on the services they can offer.
In the event that you lock yourself out, during office hours and you need us to attend to open the door we will do so if a member of staff and the keys are available, however there will be a charge of £25 inc VAT for us to attend. However, if you lock yourself out, out of hours the charge will be £60 inc VAT
• Additional Fees
• Confirmation of Tenancy Letter - £25 per letter
• Changing rent due date - £25 per change
• Bank refused, returned or represents payment - £25 per presentation which fails
I/we hereby agreed to the above: